The pork used in Wampler’s Omega-3 All Natural Sausage sourced from Willowgrove Hill® is
THE FIRST AND ONLY PORK IN NORTH AMERICA WITH
polyunsaturated fatty acids and organic Selenium
What is Wampler’s Farm Sausage?
Wampler’s Farm Sausage is a fourth-generation, family owned and operated business that is steeped in tradition yet leading the way in innovation and responsibility. Our sausage is still the same great recipe Grandpa Wampler taught us to make, but we’ve embraced new technologies to complete the process in a fraction of the time while utilizing clean, hydrogen and solar energy. Our commitment to producing premium sausage is matched by our commitment to producing it sustainably.
Wampler’s Farm now offers the All Natural Omega-3 Sausage, the healthiest sausage in the North America marketplace. Wampler’s source the hogs to make this unique and healthy sausage from Willowgrove Hill®. Willowgrove Hill® enriches their hogs nutritionally using a patented marine based DHA/EPA —the healthiest of the fatty acid family,
If you would like to visit the Wamplers Farm website, click here
- Willowgrove Hill® hogs use a genetic package derived from the Tempo Boar and Topigs Norsvin Sows, creating more intramuscular marbling in the meat. Marbling is needed to create a great eating experience and is where the Omega 3 fatty acids reside enabling our sausages to be rich in both DHA and EPA Omega 3’s. Willowgrove Hill® animals are also Raised Without Antibiotics, RWA, and fortified with Organic Selenium. All Willowgrove Hill® hogs are governed by True Foods™ and have third-party audits. Willowgrove Hill® animals are raised under Animal Care Assessment welfare principals. The hogs are housed in state-of-the-art barns with natural lighting and are climate-controlled to meet the exact temperature requirements of the pigs throughout their lifetime. Willowgrove Hill® pigs are fed their patented diet using two HACCP-approved feed mills. These diets are continually monitored by Grand Valley Fortifiers, ensuring the hogs the best diets that are fully balanced for optimal performance.
If you would like to visit the Willowgrove Hill website, click here
I tasted the pork and it was wonderful….full of flavor and juicy.
Executive Chef, Deerhurst Resort
It’s really all natural!
They only add sea salt, cane sugar, spices, and natural flavors. No Gluten or MSG. No nitrates or nitrites. No preservatives or fillers. No artificial ingredients and no over-processing.
No antibiotics… Ever.
The hogs used in Wampler’s Omega-3 All Natural Sausage sourced from Willowgrove Hill® are truly raised without antibiotics (RWA) from birth to market. All pork must be antibiotic free at the time of harvest and may need to follow a withdraw period to ensure this. Willowgrove Hill® Omega-3 hogs do not need to follow any medication withdrawal periods because they are RWA their entire lives.
Willowgrove Hill® hogs follow a strict raising protocol and are third-party audited to ensure their operation is transparent and verified.
No growth hormones… Ever.
Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones in pork. However, some pork production uses ractopamine as a growth
15 mcg of Selenium per serving.
Selenium is considered essential in the human diet, acting as an antioxidant and helping maintain a healthy immune system. A single serving our All Natural Omega-3 Sausage is an excellent source of Selenium by containing 25% of your daily recommended value!
DHA Health Benefits
Hogs used by Wampler’s are nutritionally enriched with DHA/EPA Omega-3 and Selenium through a patented nutritional enrichment in the animal’s diet.
There are the two main types of omega-3 fatty acids:
• Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids are EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These are plentiful in fish and shellfish as well, some algae species provides only DHA.
• Short-chain omega-3 fatty acids are ALA (alpha-linolenic acid). These are found in plants, such as flaxseed. Though beneficial, ALA omega-3 fatty acids have less potent health benefits than EPA and DHA. You’d have to eat a lot to gain the same benefits as you do from fish.
DHA is the omega-3 fatty acid that is widely recognized as the essential fatty acid in the brain responsible for normal functioning of neural tissue (including cognitive performance, learning ability, memory, etc.) and in the retina of the eye for visual acuity. Almost all the omega-3 fatty acid found in brain tissue, where it is required for structure-function relationships, is in the form of DHA.
DHA & EPA can now be found in a variety of foods besides fish due to processed food enrichment strategies (physically adding encapsulated fish oil or some algae to processed food) or by nutritionally enriching fresh meat, milk and eggs through the feeding of DHA rich feed to the animal.
DHA Supplementation has been linked to improvement in:
• Cardiovascular health
• Cognitive Function
• Delaying the onset of Dementia
• Behavioural Disorders (such as ADHD and hyperactivity)
• Chronic inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, certain skin disorders, gastrointestinal disorders (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Crohn’s disease)
For further scientific information on DHA and Omega-3 Fatty Acids please visit the DHA-EPA Omega-3 Institute.
Selenium Health Benefits
Canadian Food Inspection Agencey approved Health Claim: Selenium is a dietary antioxidant involved in the formation of a protein that defends against oxidative stress and helps protect against oxidative stress.
Selenium is a mineral found in the soil. Selenium naturally appears in water and some foods. While people only need a very small amount, selenium plays a key role in the metabolism.
As a constituent of selenoproteins, selenium has structural and enzymic roles, in the latter context
For further scientific information on Selenium please visit the Micronutrient Information Center at the Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University.
American Verifiable Claims
for Wampler’s Farm Sausage
Raised Without Antibiotics
Raised Without the use of Added Hormones
Raised Without Growth Promotants
To display this claim, the animal or fish must not have any hormone implants (only applies to beef in Canada) nor receive any beta agonists from birth to harvest. Beta-agonists* can be administered through swine, beef cattle and turkey feeds in Canada and the United States. A frequently utilized beta-agonist is Ractopamine which is the active ingredient in feed medications with the trade names Paylean®, Optiflexx®, Engain® and Actogain®.
*Beta-agonists are a class of non-hormonal compounds fed to cattle. Their mode of action is to bind to receptors on fat cells in the animals’ body and redirect and reduce the metabolism of fat. Consequently, less fat is produced and less fat is stored in the carcass. At the same time, the compounds bind to receptors on muscle cells and redirect and increase the size of muscle fibers. Muscle fiber size replaces some of the weight normally found from fat and the total carcass contains a higher percentage lean muscle. These actions reduce the energy supplied by the feed to produce weight gain. With more weight produced by the same level of feed intake feed efficiency is increased.
(Source: Penn State Extension)
Excellent Source of Selenium
This food provides more than 25% of the Recommended Daily Intake of Selenium (ie. 12.5 mcg/day)per serving.
Selenium is a dietary antioxidant involved in the formation of a protein that defends against oxidative stress.
Contains 18 mg Docosohexanoic Acid (DHA) Per Serving
Contains 327 mg Omega 3 Fatty Acid Per Serving
You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers
You may have some questions about Wampler’s Farm Sausages that other people have asked in the past. Click below to read our answers to some common questions.